Co-op Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Co-op Community

Community forums for co-opconsensus.com

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ProvingUnique

ProvingUnique

[Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan) Empty
PostSubject: [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan)   [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:52 am

Rating: 4 out of 5

Review:

Weird things start right off the bat, people start killing themselves in masses with no emotion involved. The story developes and unravels without a whole lot of character development.

If you are familiar and like other Shyamalan movies you will enjoy this suspense movie. This is the first Shymalan movie that my wife enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
JesusMaximus

JesusMaximus

PostSubject: Re: [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan)   [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:39 pm

I don't know why everyone always makes fun of Shyamalan's work. I've always liked them. Sure, they all have a ridiculous twist ending, but they are definitely suspenseful. Signs was amazing. I also thought the village was pretty cool. He certainly has his own style. I may have to give this movie Netflix queue
Back to top Go down
http://www.co-opconsensus.8k.com
PLEASE1TIME

PLEASE1TIME

PostSubject: Re: [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan)   [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:30 am

I put it in my Netflix queue just under Iron Man and the soon to release Hulk. I liked Shyamalan's work at first, but I'm skeptical now after Sixth Sense, The Village, and Unbreakable you come to expect a twist, and maybe its just me, but now I spend most of the movie trying to guess (sometimes successfully) what the twist will be instead of just enjoying the movie. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike his work and in fact quite enjoy it and think its great, but other than Signs you expect a twist at the end; which makes the unexpected expected in a way and ruins the suspense a little. I'm definitely checking this one out and if I like it I'll watch the Lady in the Water after that.
Back to top Go down
PLEASE1TIME

PLEASE1TIME

PostSubject: Re: [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan)   [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:59 am

I saw this a few weeks ago, it was pretty good, though I still haven't checked out Lady in the Water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan)   [Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Rental Review] The Happening (M. Night Shyamalan)
Page 1 of 1